Navigating the Settlement Administration Process from Start to Finish
Proven Strategies for Success from Class Action Industry Veterans
Your class action case has settled, now what?
As many class action practitioners know, the settlement administration process is not
“one-size fits all.” Cases vary by type and size, and so does the complexity of the administration. From headline-grabbing data breach matters to nationwide consumer
and wage & hour cases, many factors impact the notice and administration of a case including what’s happening in the world, the news cycle, the settlement benefit, evolving rules and guidelines, and more.
This can be challenging for class action practitioners to navigate, especially attorneys who are new to the class action space. We created a start-to-finish round-up of considerations and proven strategies for success in a free on-demand webinar, Navigating the Settlement Administration Process from Start to Finish.
During this presentation, Heffler team members and industry veterans, Ed Radetich, Dave Kaufman, and Lori Castaneda, provide key insights, proven strategies for success, and common misconceptions for each stage of the settlement administration process – from drafting the settlement agreement to obtaining final approval.
IN THIS ON-DEMAND WEBINAR, WE COVER:
- What should be in the settlement agreement including tax considerations of the fund and for class members
- Steps to consider prior to filing for preliminary approval
- Class Action Fairness Act (CAFA) Notice and timeline considerations
- Best practices for handling class member data
- Considerations for designing the settlement website and claim form
- Class notice: direct vs. indirect, and satisfying Federal Rule 23
- Factors impacting claims rates
- Considerations for winding down the settlement
- And more!
|Edward J. Radetich, Jr., CPA
Read Ed's Bio
|David M. Kaufman
Read Dave's Bio